Author Topic: An Update to the Book on Hans Mueller's Medieval Flats  (Read 108 times)

Rick Sanders

• Associate
An Update to the Book on Hans Mueller's Medieval Flats
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2024, 03:52:16 PM »
Dear Flat Figure Collector Friends,

I am working on a “Companion” or supplement to the book on the Hans Müller (Erfurt) medieval flats, prompted by information I learned when I attended the Kulmbach Zinnfiguren-Börse this August. My hope is that some of you might like to have photos of some of your Müller figures, which were not included in either the 2021 German or English version, presented in this "Companion" work. Those would be figures completed after April 2021 or ones not submitted for the book.

I was motivated to do this when I learned that Herr Hardy Howey and Frau Kirsten Howey of Burg had obtained all of the now former Tetzel molds! They have also used a newly identified sketch prepared for Hans Müller to have a mold engraved by Wolfgang Friedrich and the figure will appear in the Companion. These developments, combined with new photos of beautifully painted Müller figures and identification of images that served as models for the figures have prompted me to take this ambitious step. This Companion work will give an update on the vendors, present the more recently painted figures, and show the newly identified artwork that inspired Hans Müller and his designer Ludwig Madlener and engraver Ludwig Frank which they used to create these gorgeous figures.

Right now, my plan is to create at least a digital copy of the supplement in dual-language English and German.  I am  looking into options for getting copies printed. Please note, this is all in the draft stage and it could take months, depending on the engagement of other collectors.

I have started a draft of the Companion using photos I have obtained since April 2021 and they are from a large number of collectors, mostly from Germany and Italy and the U.S.. So, if you are interested in participating in this effort, please send me an email.
Rick SandersRichmond, Virginia, USAricksanderszf@gmail.comwebsite: ricksanderszf.com
« Last Edit: Today at 04:08:12 PM by Rick Sanders »